School holidays are here for most Australian states so I have complies a list of fun activities that are also literacy or STEM based. If you a have a go at any of them share your photos with me.
1. Make a Video acting out your favourite book
Act out a book, dress up and record it. Some suggestions are:
- Harry Potter By J.K. Rowling
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid By Jeff Kinney
- Three Magic Balloons By Paul Margulies
- If you give a mouse a brownie By Laura Numeroff
- My Cat likes to hide in boxes By Eve SUtton
2.Make a flip book
This step by step video on YouTube is a good example and easy to follow.
3.Do some science experiments
The Dad lab has some fun and easy science experiments to try.
4. Make your own word search
Choose a topic and make a word search for your friends and get them to make one for you.
5. Make a board game
Whether you prefer to do it on a computer or you make it out of cardboard, making a board game is a great literacy activity and fun to do. Some steps to put it together:
- Name characters
- Write down rules
- Draw, paint or code your board